Online Account Help
- How do I change my password?
Simply log in to your account and click on 'Edit Personal Details'. Enter your new password in the two spaces provided and press 'Submit' to save it.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
- I keep getting the message 'Your email address is not recognised'.
If you are already registered for an Online Account, this can happen if we don't have a record of the email address you've entered. Please check the following:
- You have typed your email address correctly.
- The email address was the same one you gave us when you applied for your Online Account.
If you've changed your email address since you applied, you'll need to log in using your old email address. Once you've done that, you can update your email address, by going to 'Edit Personal Details'.
If we've sent you an email, check which email address we sent it to. This will be the address on our records. If you're still having problems, please contact us for more help.
- I have received my password but I can't log in?
Try copying and pasting the password from our email directly onto the relevant section of the log in page.
If you've changed your email address, then make sure you log in using your old email, then change it in 'Edit Personal Details'
If you are still having issues logging in, you can reset your password.
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us.
- I'm changing supplier, can I still see my account?
Please note that if you have recently left us and your account has been closed, you have up to 28 days from the date the account is closed in which you can view your account.
- I've just registered for an Online Account, but I can't login.
It usually takes 1 working day to switch to activate your Online Account and you won't be able to login until the this is complete. Occasionally, for example during the weekend, it may take a few days. If you still can't login after 5 working days, please contact us.
- How do I change the payment method/tariff on my account?
If you're an online customer, simply login to change your payment method or tariff. If you want to pay by Direct Debit, please have your bank account details handy.
If you don't manage your account online register here
- I'm having trouble viewing my bills online, what can I do?
If you are having issues viewing your bill online, try the following steps:
You may have an old version of Adobe Reader you can download the latest version from the Adobe website.
If you are not sure which web browser you are using, you can find out with this tool, then update your browser settings as this may be necessary to view your bills.
If you are using Google Chrome, the process is slightly different and you can follow the instructions to update your PDF plug-in settings.
If you still can't view your bills after trying these steps, please Contact Us.
- How do I print my bill?
To print your bill yourself, you need to be registered for our Online Energy Service:
- Log into your online account and click on 'View My Balance'
- Once you are on that screen, navigate through your balances until you find the latest one that has 'View My Bill'
- Click on that link and then click again on the PDF 'View My Bill'
- Once the PDF has downloaded, open it up and in the top left corner click 'file' and then select the 'print' option. If you don't have this option just right click the mouse whilst on the bill and select the option to print.
If you're registered for an online account, you can access and print out previous bills from the last 14 months by logging into My Account and clicking on "My Balance and Bills". This shows you a summary of the dates and amounts of previous bills, as well as the payments you've made.
- I've received a paper bill by post - can I pay this online?
If you normally receive paper bills by post and also have an online account, you can login to My Account to pay your bill online by debit or credit card. Please note that there will be an administration charge for paying by credit card.
Once we've processed your payment, we'll send you an on-screen receipt with a unique transaction number. Please take a note of your unique transaction number or print a copy of this screen for your records.
You can also change to paperless billing by login to My Account and selecting Edit Personal Details and updating the Information section
If you don't have an online account, you need to create one in order to pay your bills online. You can do this in just a few minutes here.
Alternatively you can pay your bill over the phone using our automated service which is available 24 hours a day by calling 0800 001 5115.
- How can I find details of the most recent transactions on my account?
When you login to your online account, you can review details of your most recent transactions by selecting My account activity. If you have not already done so, why not register to manage your account online? It's the most convenient way to stay in control. Alternatively, you can call our 24-hour automated service on 0800 001 5115 and select the recent transactions options. All you need is your ScottishPower account number, which is shown on your bill.