Remote heating control - A new way you could save energy
Help and Advice
If you have any questions about ScottishPower Connect just browse these frequently asked questions.
Before you buy
What is ScottishPower Connect?
ScottishPower Connect is our remote heating control product which allows you to control your boiler and/or hot water (depending on your heating set-up) via your mobile while away from home, giving you greater control over your energy usage. Through the mobile app you can turn your boiler and/or hot water on and off, adjust the temperature and create heating schedules *.
How much is ScottishPower Connect?
There are currently two ScottishPower Connect products.
Option 1 is a special offer for ScottishPower energy customers only and has an installation charge of £80; then an ongoing Direct Debit of £5.00 a month for 2 years. Total cost for 2 years: £200.00.
Option 2 is available to all customers and is a monthly Direct Debit of £12.69 a month for 2 years with no installation charge. Total cost for 2 years: £304.56.
What do I need to set-up ScottishPower Connect?
Follow the check list below to make sure you are ready to get ScottishPower Connect:
1. The Connect Hub requires a good 2G mobile phone signal in your home. You can check the signal strength using O2's signal checker.
2. You should have gas or LPG-powered heating, unfortunately ScottishPower Connect will not operate if you have electric or oil heating in your home.
3. Connect is not compatible with the following makes and models of boilers: Warm Air Unit; Power Max Boilers; Gledhill Heatstore; Potterton EP2000; Worcester high flow 400; Multi heating zones.
4. Be aware that while the the Connect Hub must be wired to the boiler, so ensure there is an appropriate place for it to be installed near the boiler.
5. If you don't own the property, then you should get the home owner's permission to install Connect, prior to purchase.
6. You need an Apple or Android smartphone to allow you to download the ScottishPower Energy App from the Apple or Google app stores. The app is used in conjunction with the Connect Hub to control your heating. If you do not have an appropriate phone you can control the Hub via text message.
Installation & Technical
What does installation involve?
We'll help make sure your installation is as stress-free and fast as possible. Your existing time-clock is overridden or removed from your boiler control and replaced with the ScottishPower Connect Hub.
A wireless thermostat will replace your existing thermostat, or be installed in a central room in your home if you do not currently have a thermostat.
Installation typically takes 60 mins, including a tutorial from our engineer.
How do I change my installation appointment?
If you need to reschedule your planned installation appointment please contact us on 0800 001 5136.
Does Connect need a broadband connection?
ScottishPower Connect comes with a wireless thermostat connected to the Hub, so there's no complicated set-up process, and no need to have a broadband router.
Where can I get the user guide?
You can download the user guide for ScottishPower Connect below:
Where can I get the app from?
What do Hold & Boost do?
You can delay your schedule with the "Hold" option, pausing your schedule. If your plans should change, you can just cancel the hold and go back to your normal schedule.
You can also "Boost" the heating, effectively turning it on for a limited period of time out with your normal schedule. Meaning that you can always make sure your home is warm on your return.
Issues & General Questions
It's not working?
If you experience a problem with any element of your ScottishPower Connect, please contact us on 0800 001 5136. Lines are open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 5pm Saturday
I'm moving - can I take my ScottishPower Connect with me?
If you move home and want to take your ScottishPower Connect hub and thermostat with you, you will need to contact a qualified electrician to arrange this.
Where can I see the full terms and conditions?
You can download the full terms and conditions for ScottishPower Connect below: