We aim to give our customers the best possible service. But if something's gone wrong, we always investigate, and do everything we can to put things right.
We follow a 3 stage process which we've outlined below to try to ensure your complaint is resolved as quickly as possible.My Complaint Tracker
And, as it's important to us that you know what's happening with your complaint, we've created an online Complaint Tracker where you'll see updates, find answers to commonly asked questions and stay informed of the progress of your complaint.
*The complaint tracker is a new service and is only available for customers that have complaints raised from 8th October 2016.
Stage 1 - Contact us with your complaint
Boiler Care Complaints
Something wrong with your HomeComfort Boiler Care?
0800 001 5214
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, and Saturday 8am - 5pm
- Call us - free on 0800 027 0072 (Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm, and Saturday 8.30am - 6pm)
- Hearing or speech difficulties? Depending on your needs, the Next Generation Text Service (NGTS) offer a range of tools and services that can help you contact us. Simply visit ngts.org.uk for more information.
- Email us - email@example.com
- Write to us - ScottishPower Customer Services, 320 St Vincent St. Glasgow G2 5AD
We'll record your complaint and give you a unique complaint reference number.
We'll try to resolve your issue straightaway. If we can't then your complaint will move to Stage 2.
Did you know that 2 out of 3 complaints are resolved at this stage*.
If you need additional support via our community liaison service just contact us and let us know.
Stage 2 - We're working to resolve your complaint
A dedicated member of our Customer Care Team will now manage your complaint.
- send you information on how we'll handle your complaint either by letter or e-mail.
- create an online Complaint Tracker for you to keep you updated on the progress we've made. You'll find this in your online account.
- aim to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction as quickly as possible - that's within 14 days for around 90% of customers*.
If we're unable to resolve your complaint within 14 days we will keep you informed of progress until we can fully resolve your complaint.
Stage 3 - Making sure you're happy with our proposed solution
We will work hard to resolve your issue within 8 weeks - that's the case for around 97% of customers*.
However, if you're not happy with our Final Offer or if we haven't resolved your issue within 8 weeks you:
- can request that we carry out an internal review where we will try to reach a resolution with you.
- have the right to contact the Ombudsman Services: Energy to independently review your case.
Rest assured we want to make sure that we fully resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
Need More Information?
- Read our Complaints Handling Procedure
- We're regulated by The Gas and Electricity (Consumer Complaints Handling Standards) Regulations 2008
- Find Useful Contacts for support from independent organisations such as Citizens Advice Consumer Service and Ombudsman Services: Energy
- Know Your Rights as an energy consumer
*Current performance results can be viewed at Our Performance.
You can view our performance in handling complaints over the last 4 quarters and the overall performance for the last year.Performance (last 4 quarters) Performance (last year)
You can also view our response to the latest Ofgem research on complaint handling below.Open letter from our CEO on Complaints October 2016