Making a complaint
Boiler Care Complaints
If you have a complaint or issue with your Boiler Care products, please contact our dedicated centre.
0800 001 5214
At ScottishPower we aim to deliver the best service to our customers. From time to time, where this has not happened, we are committed to investigating and doing our best to put the situation right for you.
We define a complaint as "any expression of dissatisfaction by a customer in relation to our service or products".
We aim to resolve all complaints fully and as quickly as possible. We define a complaint as resolved when we mutually agree that we have addressed all your issues.
If we are unable to mutually agree a suitable resolution we will issue a "deadlock" letter - see Stage 3 below.
Our formal escalation procedure is designed to ensure that any complaints are resolved as quickly as possible.
You can find out more information on the different stages below:
- Stage 1: Contact us with your complaint
- Call us:
0800 027 0072
Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm, Saturday 8.30am - 6pm
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minicom: 0800 027 8899 Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm, Saturday 8.30am - 6pm
- Write to: ScottishPower Customer Services, Cathcart Business Park, Spean Street, Glasgow, G44 4BE
Most issues are resolved after investigation by us at this initial stage.
- Call us:
- Stage 2: Customer Care Team
If we can't resolve your complaint immediately, we'll give you a unique complaint reference number and pass your complaint to a member of our Customer Care Team.
This person will be your dedicated complaint handler. They'll try to resolve your complaint within 10 working days, keeping you fully informed throughout. In addition to this if your complaint remains open we will provide you with further reassurance on the status of your complaint in writing at calendar day 10, 28 and 56.
- Stage 3: Customer Service Director's Support Team
To access this stage you must have completed stage 1 and 2 and have a complaint reference number.
If you are still unhappy you can ask for your case to be reviewed by our Customer Service Director's Support team.
This team will aim to reach a mutually acceptable agreement - if this can't be done we will contact you to explain our position and provide our final position. This is known as a "deadlock letter".
You can either choose to accept our offer or if there has been no resolution after 8 weeks ask the Ombudsman Services: Energy to review your case.
- If you require more advice
The Citizens Advice consumer service is the government's helpline for consumer advice. For free, independent, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy, complete their consumer service webform, or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.
The Citizens Advice consumer service can be consulted at any stage in the complaints process.
Know your rights
Ombudsman Services: Energy
If we can't reach agreement with you, you may be able to contact the Ombudsman Services: Energy. This is a free, independent body that looks into complaints between customers and their energy suppliers.
The Ombudsman Services: Energy may investigate your complaint if:
- You have received a final 'deadlock' letter from us. You must refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of receiving the deadlock letter
- You haven't received a deadlock letter, but it has been at least eight weeks since you first made the complaint. You must refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within nine months of first making your complaint to us.
Any decision from the Ombudsman Services: Energy is binding for the supplier.
The Ombudsman Services: Energy can be contacted on 0330 440 1624, by email, by visiting www.ombudsman-services.org/energy or using textphone on 18001 051 1513. Remember to quote your unique ScottishPower complaint number.
We have also gathered a list of other useful contacts should you require any further help.
- Potential outcomes from your complaint
When able to resolve your complaint:
- We will apologise for the issue and the fact that you have had to contact us to have your complaint resolved
- We will resolve your issue and, where possible, explain what went wrong
- We will consider if a goodwill payment is appropriate to compensate you for your inconvenience in having to raise a complaint
When unable to resolve your complaint:
- We will issue a "deadlock" letter, and you can either choose to accept our final offer, or ask the independent Ombudsman Services: Energy to review your case
You can view our performance in handling complaints over the last 4 quarters and the overall performance for the last year.Performance (last 4 quarters) Performance (last year)
Customer Service Director
Cathcart Business Park