Online Account Help
- How do I change my password?
- I keep getting the message 'Your email address is not recognised'
- I’ve received my password but I can't log in?
- I'm changing supplier, can I still see my online account?
- How do I change the payment method or tariff on my account online?
- I'm having trouble viewing my bills online, what can I do?
- How do I print my bill?
- I've received a paper bill by post - can I pay this online?
- How can I find details of the most recent transactions on my account?
- You’ve typed your email address correctly.
- The email address was the same one you gave us when you applied for your Online Account.
- You may have an old version of Adobe Reader. Download the latest version from the Adobe website.
- It may be necessary to update your browser settings to view your bills. If you’re not sure which web browser you’re using, you can find out with this tool. If you’re using Google Chrome, the process is slightly different and you can follow the instructions to update your PDF plug-in settings.
1. How do I change my password?
Simply log in to your MyAccount and click on 'Edit Personal Details'. Enter your new password in the two spaces provided and press 'Submit' to save it. Log in to your MyAccount
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it.
Forgotten password? Reset it
2. I keep getting the message 'Your email address is not recognised'
If you’re already registered for an Online Account, this can happen if we don't have a record of the email address you've entered. Please check the following:
If you've changed your email address since you applied, you'll need to log in using your old email address. Once you've done that, you can update your email address, by going to 'Edit Personal Details'. Log in to MyAccount
If we've sent you an email, check which email address we sent it to. This will be the address on our records. If you're still having problems, please Contact Us for more help.
3. I’ve received my password but I can't log in?
Try copying and pasting the password from our email directly onto the relevant section of the Log In page. You’ll then be prompted to change the password to something you choose.
If you've changed your email address, then make sure you log in using the email address that you registered with, then change it in 'Edit Personal Details'
If you’re still having issues logging in, you can reset your password.
Reset my password
If you’re still experiencing issues, please Contact Us.
4. I'm changing supplier, can I still see my online account?
We want to help make your switch go smoothly so we’ve created a Progress tracker within your online account which will guide you through the switching process right through until we close your account. You’ll be able to see exactly where you are with your switch, access your final bill and read our FAQs. Once we’ve closed your account you’ll still be able to access your Online Account in case your need to review anything
5. How do I change the payment method or tariff on my account online?
Simply log in to MyAccount, and click on 'Change your tariff’ where you’ll be able to change tariff or change your payment method to Direct Debit. Please have your bank account details handy.
If you’d like to change to another payment method please Contact Us and we’ll be happy to help.
6. I'm having trouble viewing my bills online, what can I do?
If you’re having issues viewing your bill online, try the following steps:
If you still can't view your bills after trying these steps, please Contact Us.
7. How do I print my bill?
It’s easy to access and print out previous bills from the last 14 months by logging into MyAccount and clicking on "My Balance and Bills". You’ll see a summary of the dates and amounts of previous bills, as well as the payments you've made. Click on ‘View Bill’ and then click again on the PDF ‘View My Bill’ to see your bill.
8. I've received a paper bill by post - can I pay this online?
You can Register or log in to MyAccount to pay your bill online by debit or credit card. (Please note that there’s an administration charge for paying by credit card).
Once we've processed your payment, we'll send you an on-screen receipt with a unique transaction number. Please take a note of your unique transaction number or print a copy of this screen for your records.
If you’d prefer, you can also change to paperless billing. In MyAccount select ‘Edit Personal Details’ and update your ‘Information’ section. Or, why not choose one of our Online tariffs, simply select ‘Change your tariff’.
You can also download and make a payment with our YourEnergy App.
9. How can I find details of the most recent transactions on my account?
When you log in to MyAccount, you can review details of your most recent transactions by selecting ‘Check my Balance/Payment History’.
If you don’t have an online account, you can register to Manage your Account Online now.
It's the most convenient way to stay in control of your energy account. Or why not choose one of our Online tariffs, simply select ‘Change your tariff’ once you’ve registered.
Alternatively, you can call our 24-hour automated service on 0800 001 5115 and select the recent transactions options. All you need is your ScottishPower account number, which is shown on your bill.