Local authorities &
housing associations

Connecting existing dwellings & new developments

As a local authority or housing association, ScottishPower can help take care of your gas or electricity meter installation needs.

Existing dwellings

Take advantage of our free gas meter connection service for new gas supplies installed into existing residential properties. Our dedicated team will help to provide the support you need throughout the whole process.

New developments

Planning on building a home or a development? Wherever you are in the UK, our new connections team will be happy to meet you and discuss your future housing projects.

Disconnecting from the electricity network

If you're demolishing a property or require to have services removed and the disconnection of an electricity and/or gas supply, please get in touch with your local Distribution Operator (DNO).

Alternatively, if you simply want to make the meter point safe while carrying out electrical work, we can help with the de-energisation process. The meter and cable will stay but the fuses will be removed. To organise this, or to replace your meter fuses, call 0800 027 0072. Lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm and Saturdays 8.30am - 6pm

Get in touch today

One of our expert consultants will be happy to discuss your housing needs and the new connections process
0141 614 8800
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Send us an email