SP logo light
Support Centre

Priority Service Register

Priority Service Register

Information on the services available to customers on our Priority Service Register.

Our Priority Services Register (PSR) can provide you with extra help managing your energy account. You could be eligible for our PSR for a number of reasons – ranging from a chronic illness or disability to a change in your personal circumstances.

How can the Priority Service Register help?

The ScottishPower PSR service will help many customers, including:

  •  Those in debt through the provision of help and advice. We can also ensure you are on our lowest cost tariff and providing external sources of help
  • The elderly
  • The deaf 
  • Visually impaired 
  • The ill or disabled  

It provides a range of services to help you manage your energy account if you need extra support. And, they’re available at no additional charge.

Who can apply?

You can join our Register if you, or someone in your household:

  • Has a disability
  • Has a chronic illness
  • Is of pensionable age
  • Is blind or partially sighted
  • Is deaf or hard of hearing
  • Has another type of special need
  • Has had a change is personal circumstances (e.g a bereavement or divorce)

If we become aware that you would benefit from any of our Priority Services, we’ll offer to add you to our Register. Or you can ask to join our Priority Services Register if you think you’re eligible.

If you’d like to know more about our Priority Services Register, please read our Customers Requiring Additional Support Charter.

To apply, please visit www.scottishpower.co.uk/psr or alternatively login to your account and select the option ‘Help and Advice’. From the drop down menu select the option Priority Service Register and click on the option to apply.

If you’d rather speak to someone, you can call us on 0345 270 0700. Our contact centres are open Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm

Communicating with us

Communications in alternative formats: We offer Braille, large print or compact disc. To register for these services, please apply to be added to our Priority Service Register.

Nominated Person Scheme: Nominate another person to receive your bills and other communications for you. This may be useful if you have sight difficulties or need additional support with your communications. Please Contact Us if you want to arrange this.

If you have hearing or speech difficulties we have lots of ways that you can communicate with us that don’t involve calling. You can:

  • Set up and alter your account details on our website 
  • Use our Webchat on available pages 
  • E-mail or write to us 
  • Use Facebook Messenger for private communications 
  • Follow us on Twitter and Facebook Contact Relay UK who offer services that can help you contact us. Visit relayuk.bt.com

If English is not your first language we can provide interpreters for many different languages to help you discuss your energy account.

Range of Services

Stay safe and secure

Password Service - we can hold a personal password securely on our system for our representatives to quote when they visit you.

  • Continuous electricity supply – we will notify your local electricity distribution company if you have essential medical equipment that relies on electricity to make sure you are notified in advance of any interruption to your supply.  They’ll also prioritise your reconnection if there’s an unexpected power cut.
  • Help with meter readings – we can provide a more frequent meter reading service for you
  • Free gas safety check – an annual gas safety check.  Further eligibility criteria apply
  • Meter Moves – if it’s not practicable for you to continue to operate your prepayment meter we’ll arrange to move or remove it free of charge.

Free Gas Safety Check Eligibility

You’ll be eligible for a free annual gas safety check if you own and occupy your own home, receive a means tested benefit and:

you live with at least one child who is aged under five years;


you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either:

Live alone,


Live with others - all of whom are of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18.

Haven’t already received a gas safety check within the past 12 months.

If you rent a property, your landlord is responsible for arranging an annual gas safety check.

Last updated: 7 December 2023

Was this information helpful?

Need more help?