SP-Logo
SP logo light

New lower prices. Now from £60 a month [1]

Save more on solar this summer

Get a £500 credit on your electricity bill when you install solar panels*

bruce holding solar panel with solar offer

Reduce your electricity bills by up to 86% with solar panels [2]

With finance options that help spread the cost, as well as competitive smart export tariffs, switch to solar and save up to £988 a year on your electricity bills[2].

Solar panels for your home

Nationwide installation

Our teams of installers provide a high quality and MCS accredited service throughout Great Britain.

Could cost less than you think

Spread the cost of solar panels with our finance options starting from £59.28 a month over 10 years [2]

Earn money back

Get paid for the green electricity you generate but don’t use, with one of the best export rates on the market[3].

A solar package designed for you

At ScottishPower we’ve been supplying electricity to homes across Great Britain for over 30 years, so it makes sense that we’re now at the forefront of solar energy installation. Our expert team are here to guide you on your green journey and provide a solar package that includes:

solar-package-designed-for-you

Different ways to get in touch

Speak to us today

Our solar experts are on hand to answer any questions and talk you through your options.

Get your guide price

Answer a few questions to get an estimated solar solution price for your home.

Leave your details

If you’d like more information about our solar solutions and prices, simply add your details and we’ll be in touch.

Save up to £988 a year on your electricity bills[2]

Solar panels capture energy from daylight and turn it into electricity that can be used to power your home. Solar is a sustainable source of energy that doesn’t rely on fossil fuels and produces low levels of carbon.

The more panels you have, the more electricity you can generate and the more efficient your home can be. In the south of England, a 10-panel system can save almost one tonne of CO2 emissions per year, and in Scotland, it can save over 0.7 tonnes[5]. Check the Energy Saving Trust website for more information.

Our customer, Steve, shares his thoughts on why he decided to install solar panels and the benefits of solar power for his home.

save-on-your-electricity-bills

Solar panel finance options

We want to make solar technology more affordable and accessible for everyone. With our flexible payment options you can either pay in full or spread  the cost into manageable monthly payments, starting from just £59.28 per month[2].

Complete our online survey today to get your solar panel and solar battery guide price and find out more about the finance options available to you.

solar-panel-finance-options

One of the best export rates on the market[3]

We want to help you make the most of the solar power you generate and that’s why we offer our solar panel customers one of the best export rates in the market[3] with our SmartGen+ tariff. It pays you for the surplus electricity you generate, but don't use in your home. For every kWh you sell back to the Grid, we'll pay you 15p[6], meaning an average customer could earn as much as £618[7] in a year.

best-export-rates

Solar can increase the value of your home

Solar panels can make a positive difference to the value of your home (by around £1,350 to £5,400)^ and to the cost of your energy bills. Learn more in our Better Homes, Cooler Planet report, in partnership with WWF.

How do we install your solar panels and battery?

Your solar journey starts with the installation of your solar panels and solar battery. Learn more about our professional installation of your solar solutions, and what you need to know before your installation day, with our helpful video.

install-solar-panels

Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) tariffs

One of the best export rates on the market[3]

SmartGen Tariffs

Solar panel battery

Add battery storage to your existing solar panels

Solar batteries

Ready to design your solar solution?

Provide us with a few details to get your solar guide price. From there, you can choose for us to complete a tailored solar proposal for your home. Our green energy experts are on hand to help. Just give us a call on **0800 634 0066** (lines open Mon to Fri, 9am – 5pm) or get a guide price below.

Discover more about solar

A guide to solar panels

guide-to-solar-panels

Frequently asked questions

Representative example: Based on a cash price of £11,174, with no deposit to pay. Total loan value £11,174. Interest rate 7.9% (Fixed) Repayable in 60 monthly instalments of £224.44. Representative APR 7.9%. Total amount repayable £13,466.12, of which interest £2,292.12.

ScottishPower acts as a credit broker and not a lender. We can only introduce you to Creation Consumer Finance Limited (Firm Reference Number: 311518) who act as a lender, through an online application managed by our provider, Vendigo. We do not receive a commission for introducing customers to a finance provider. You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations. ScottishPower reserves the right to change or withdraw its finance offering at short notice. Credit subject to status, terms and conditions apply.

ScottishPower Energy Retail Limited is an appointed representative of Product Partnerships Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Product Partnerships Limited’s FCA registration number is 626349 and its address is Suite D2 Joseph’s Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds LS3 1AB and its permitted business is to act as a Principal for a network of firms who carry out consumer credit activities. Koze Group Ltd (trading as Vendigo) is authorised under the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 811281) as a credit broker not a lender.

*The £500 will be credited to your ScottishPower electricity account within 30 days of your final solar payment being received. This is a limited time offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Terms and conditions apply. Not yet a ScottishPower energy customer? No problem! Just switch your electricity account to ScottishPower before your solar installation is paid in full or your finance agreement commences to be eligible for the £500 credit.

^Source: Better Home, Cooler Planet report.

1

Price is based on a 4 Panel “Electrify” package (on-roof) in Central Scotland, North & Central England, fitting to concrete tiles (not slate), single elevation of scaffold, with single-phase electrics, and no complexities, for example installing above a conservatory or digging trenching required for electrics. Based on a cash price of £4,972, with no deposit to pay. Total loan value £4,972 Interest rate 7.9% (Fixed) Repayable in 120 monthly instalments of £59.28. Representative APR 7.9%. Total amount repayable £7,113.40, of which interest £2,141.40. Prices effective from 19th April 2024.

2

As per standardised calculations and guidance from MCS, the example annual electricity bill savings figure is based on the following assumptions: 1) the customer is in the Midlands; 2) with a 12-panel, South-facing solar array (on a 35 degree roof slope with no shading) and a solar battery (4.8kWh usable capacity) installed; 3) is at home half of the day, with annual electricity usage of 3,500 kWh and a unit rate of £0.21687 based on our Standard Variable tariff prices effective from 1st July 2024 to 30th September 2024 and 4) the customer uses 52% of what they generate and receives a separate payment at a unit rate of £0.15 for the remaining 48% that they export.

3

This statement is based on ScottishPower’s SmartGen+ tariff available only to customers who installed solar panels &/or solar batteries with ScottishPower. ScottishPower conduct market analysis regularly to update and verify this position.

4

Homeowners installing solar panels will pay 0% VAT until April 2027, as set out in the UK Government's Spring Statement 2022.

5

Subject to availability on your hardware. Kwh of electricity generated in England and Scotland is based on a 10 solar panel, 3.5kWp system installed by ScottishPower.

6

Prices correct as at 16.02.23. Subject to change.

7

As per standardised calculations and guidance from MCS, the example earning figure is based on the following assumptions: 1) the customer is in the Southeast of England; 2) with a 12-panel, South-facing solar array (on a 35 degree roof slope with no shading) installed; 3) is at home half of the day; 4) the customer uses 20% of what they generate and receives a separate payment at a unit rate of 0.15p per kWh for the remaining 80% that they export.

If you no longer wish to receive information about smart home products, you can withdraw your consent by sending us an email to smart_solutions_opt-out@scottishpower.com including your name and postcode with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.