SP logo light
Support Centre

Search Results

10 results found


Warm Home Discount

To find out more information about the Warm Home Discount, please visit Ofgem Warm Home Discount scheme FAQs.

Help Paying your Bill

The Warm Home Discount scheme:

This programme of support is aimed at customers who are living in, or are at risk of, fuel poverty.

Some customers will qualify automatically for a rebate and will receive a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions telling them this. Other customers can apply for a rebate if they meet the eligibility criteria.


Payment Methods

For further information on contacting us and what help is available if you're struggling to pay your energy bills please view our Help Paying Your Bill section.

This includes support from ScottishPower Hardship Fund and our Warm Home Discount Scheme within ‘Ways we can support our customers’ section.

Additionally there are links to external groups such as StepChange and MoneyHelper that can offer free and independent help and advice Independent help and advice....


The deceased owned the property but it’s vacant - why am I still receiving energy bills?

We will continue to issue bills until we are notified that the deceased person’s property has been sold. The bill will cover any energy used in the property, along with standing charges. You can help keep energy bills accurate by providing us with regular meter readings.


Smart Export Guarantee

The Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) is a new scheme encouraging people to use renewable energy to power their homes. Effective from 1 January 2020, an SEG tariff will provide eligible small-scale, low-carbon generators with payments for the electricity they export to the National Grid.

For example, households with solar panels will likely produce more energy than they use. Rather than letting this go to waste, the surplus energy gets exported to the grid. Under the new SEG scheme, anyone producing more energy than they use will receive payments....

Frequently Asked Questions

Need more help?